Tuesday, January 31, 2012

the addiction

When did my addiction start? I always try to go back in time and see when the first crack open of the can started…. It is hard. I feel I remember my mom always with a 44oz. on lock growing up. We never had it at the house… and in high school I was way to healthy to drink of such poison… now, I can’t seem to put it down. (Ok, so that is a little dramatic, but it is funny.. I am not that crazy) It wasn’t my freshman year of college because we didn’t have a car and I never walked home with a 24 pack… I think I would remember that, because it was quite the walk. Since we didn’t have a car… we never went to the gas station to get a 44oz, so I think that year is poison free. That brings me to my 2nd year in Provo… we did have cars. I don’t know why that year was such a blur to me… I think every now and then… or on a drive home to CA I had a 44oz. Still, I never purchased that 12 or 24 pack and had them in the fridge at all times, this I am still pretty sure. The only true time I can recall the NEED to have a can or 44oz was my 3rd year… when I lived the girl I believe to start my craving and need for it in my blood stream…. DIET COKE!

Mallory (Minster) Moore is the girl who turned me south. Ahha… I love her to death! I am pretty sure every one in the picture below was also affected by Mallory’s diet coke obsession… all of us here… need a diet coke!

That is right.. we have all lived with her… and heard her crack open that can at 7am, right before she would go for a run, any hour of the day.. she had a can. SHE is the bride in this picture. I am not mad about my addiction, I just have always wanted to know when I had my first sip… and I am not even sure this is when it all started. I just feel it is most accurate. This is when I would start buying the 24 packs and having them in the fridge.. I even bought a mug. You know those white trash ones that you buy at the gas station? The ones you keep bringing in that are insulated? Yup, I had one, I wasn’t even ashamed. I even bought one for my dear friend Amberlina and we bedazzled them… and invested like $20 of jewlels to glue on the mug, so it was a fashion statement! Haha!

Today, I still have the fridge packed deep with diet cokes. My family also has this addiction too.. they have a can crusher installed in the cupboard!! Haha!!

This is a picture from a dinner with my family... we all LOVE DIET COKE!!

This is the issue… there are days I get headaches when I don’t have a DC in my life… but there are also days I drink it because I feel I need to, when I am not even enjoying it like I should. Ok, so I am sounding a little crazy… but this is real life people!! I think of days that I should stop drinking DC, but then there are days where I am like NO WAY… I rep DC all day.. I mean I was put up on the big screen in NYC.

That right there is a sign I should continue the cause to drink! Haha. Seriously… I know it isnt the healthiest… and I need to work on that category in my life. This is my confession… my addiction.. and the cause of when it all started! I want to thank my friends for not judging me… because I know they all crave it and have it daily. We stick together! Some day… I feel I might attempt to take a break, but until then, a can a day keeps my headaches away!!

Happy Tuesday readers... when was your first sip of diet coke?

8 comments:

brynne frei said...

some of your finest work right here, lady hahahah loved every second

Mikelle said...

hahaha loved this! Pretty sure my first taste of DC was when my aunt jackie would dip my binky in it when I was a baby. My family is the same way! all obsessed, all addicted. I am too, until I discovered Dr. Pepper 10. Oh my. It rivals my DC addiction in a major way.

Marcus Lane said...

this is great we are DC drinkers in our house, so come on by and have a drink!

Samantha said...

I'm pretty sure I was physically addicted to Mountain Dew only my junior year of high school. I had a dumb floral/interior design class first thing in the morning that I hated so I'd take the pass and go get my pop. Besides that 1 year addiction, Mountain Dew was always my caffine of choice...UNTIL I MARRIED INTO THE MILLER FAMILY. Then I realized if I ever wanted a drink at dinner I had better start liking DC. Plus, Kyle has always needed pop with meals so I'd take sips of his until I grew to love it properly like a real Miller should.

Shannan Monson said...

oh my gosh keri. I was off it for TWO WEEKS after the new year. and it was the worst two weeks of my life. I'm back to an average of 44oz a day (ok prob more like 88). this post made my day. miss you!

Tera said...

Yes! I love this. This family addiction is 100 times worse when we are all together. We fly through a 24 pack in 2 days easy

Toni Thomas said...

I think when I moved home to the parents house in grad school is when I started the binge drinking. I never really drank soda before that! haha. It is not about wants anymore, its needs. And i need me some DC daily.

Noodle said...

I have a nephew-in-law who is so addicted to DC! I have never had caffeinated beverages, so I'm lucky, I think, to have avoided this addiction, lol.
Thanks for the funny post, and I feel for you.
Diane